11.07.2010

Recipes

I have seriously been cooking so much more since we moved. And I've found some awesome stuff and even made up a couple!

Thought I'd share these for your enjoyment.

Banana Muffins-best part of this recipe for me was that there aren't any eggs in it! I like to save my eggs for things like breakfast. :)
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda

I added about 1/4-1/2 c. chopped walnuts.

Combine all ingredients. Spoon into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Simple. Delicious. Perfect.

I got this recipe for the world wide ward cookbook.

French bread pizza slices

French bread, sliced
butter
garlic salt, to taste, if desired
pizza or marinara sauce
mozarella and grated parmesan cheese

First cover slices with butter and toast in either a toaster oven or use your broiler on low. When butter is melted and edges are slightly browned, appx. 2-3 minutes, remove from oven. sSrinkle with garlic salt, cover with sauce and pile on the cheese. Put pack in the broiler until cheese melts and starts to brown on top, about 2-3 minutes.


German Pancakes Muffin style

3 eggs
1/2 milk
1/2 flour
1/4 t. salt
non-stick cooking spray

Mix ingredients. Spray muffin tins with spray. Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy.


Here's another idea that we loved.
Make banana pancakes and skip the syrup. Top it with sliced fresh fruit (we used strawberries), walnuts, and powdered sugar. So yummy! I would've taken a picture, but they didn't stay on the plates long enough!

4 comments:

Launi said...

you're so domestic! :) now i feel even worse that we didn't get to come visit and taste your delicious food! let's reschedule soon, please

Angie said...

i won't even tell you what I had made for last time! it'll just make things worse!! miss you so much! maybe we should try to come down there this weekend or next. What do ya think?

The Peterson's said...

Thanks I will have to try some!G

DeFreese said...

omg you're a genius! it all looks so good...