11.07.2010

Joe's Birthday 2010

I almost forgot what a blog was. Then I stumbled upon it and rembered that I have one of these. I thought to myself, "Hey-you should up date this." Sooo here it goes.

It was Joe's birthday last week. And around here birthday's are a week long event (sometimes longer). We do this with the "Birthday Name Game." A present for each letter in your first name, one day at a time. I made little poems for each day to explain the gift. J was definitely my favorite day.

J's gift was a monogrammed frame with a picture of Joe and the girls. O was obviously an omelette for breakfast. S was socks-this was Joe's favorite. :)

E was a package of "eclipse" gum. P was a bunch of pens. and H was a package of to go hot beverage cups so he could have hot chocolate on his way to work.


We got up super early to let Joe open his presents on Wednesday. Ellen was so excited to get up for presents. "Mom, can we get up early to open presents on my birthday?" We're going to have to do the name game with Ellen this year. Her name is tough. Wish we would've thought of that when we named her, but we probably would've picked the same name anyway. :)

3 comments:

kim and ned said...

What an awesome idea!! I love it.

DeFreese said...

how fun! glad to know you're still alive :) HB Joe!

alecia said...

Cute! Thanks for the recipe, btw!!! I'm gonna be the next Wilda!!